- Posted by Alaia Williams
- On August 4, 2013
Ah, writing. So therapeutic. While reading Adventures of A Willow Wimp, I saw that Shanique shared her goals for the month and I thought it might be a good idea for me as well. I did more of this sort of thing when I had a personal blog and when my blog was more about organizing your life. I love learning what other people are up to and always find connections with people when we start talking about our goals.
So, here are my goals for August 2013!
1. Move! I’m moving…any day now…I should probably pick a day! Goal #1!
2. Downsize – this more like goal 1a. I’m downsizing again and that actually excites me. While yes, I am an organized person and my first business was professional organizing, like many people, when I get more space, I get things to fill it. So over the past few years I’ve acquired more stuff than I need and I am ready to part with it.
3. Be a DIY maven. This will be an ongoing goal. Small space organizing can be tricky, but fun. One of my projects will be to create a closet office. I’ll be doing all kinds of other fun stuff to make my little place a home – using ideas I’d previously given away to my clients. I’m also going to try some new things I’ve never done before. (Want some great small space organizing inspiration? Check out my Pinterest board). If I’m feeling really bold, I’ll blog about my projects.
4. Start teaching again. I feel like it’s been ages since I held a class or workshop. My next class, Social Summer School, will be on August 13. I’m also planning a social media workshop for a private group that approached me and planning workshops for September. (You can sign up for my newsletter to hear about upcoming classes)
5. Get all the speakers on board for the 2013 At the Helm: Women in Biz conference. Pre-sales begin this week (eek!) and I am so excited to officially announce the third annual conference. Right now, the only thing stopping me is finding the perfect venue. Once I lock that in, I’ll know how I’ll set up the event and how many speakers I can invite. Fingers crossed they all say yes!
What are your goals for the month? Share one or two in the comments below. I’d love to know what you’re up to!