- Posted by Alaia Williams
- On August 9, 2013
- 40 days of dating, Jezebel, Jimmy Fallon, Lake Bell, Mental Floss, Robin Thicke
Last week, I started Friday Five feature. I talk about great things I’ve discovered over the last week that I think might help improve your life or your business…or just make you smile a bit :-). Here’s this week’s list:
1. Robin Thicke, Jimmy Fallon + The Roots perform “Blurred Lines” with kiddie instruments. It has over 8 million views (only 3 are mine!), but in case you haven’t seen this cute video, I had to share it. T.I. rap from the original version is swapped out with something I think everyone can appreciate.
And here’s Jezebel’s article on it.
2. Elizabeth Potts Weinstein’s legal checklists – Long time online pal and, more importantly, small business lawer, EPW has great checklists for small business owners going the DIY route. If you’re making up your own contracts, hop over to her site pronto and download her free checklist: http://www.elizabethpottsweinstein.com/checklists/ . You’re welcome.
3. In A World Movie, featuring triple threat Lake Bell. Bell wrote, directed, and starred in this new movie about a woman trying to break into the male dominated world of movie trailers.
The trailer won me over – now I can’t wait to see this! visit inaworldmovie.com to see if it’s playing in your neck of the woods.
4. 10 Artists Who Hated Their Biggest Hit – I love Mental Floss, don’t you? My friend Ericka shared their recent article about some of music’s finest – who all hated their biggest hit or most widely known song. Many of these are songs I’ve adored for ages and it’s weird to think these artists don’t love the songs just as much. But then I stop and think – have I loved everything *I’ve* done? No. Though it’s just a fun article (with videos!), it made me realize how important it is to keep creating. I don’t know where my big “hit” will come from – I also have to appreciate that something I didn’t even think much of could impact someone’s life positively for years…check it out.
5. 40 Days of Dating. You’re on the 40 Days of Dating train aren’t you? Friends Jessie and Tim, two young NYC creative professionals, decided to date each other for 40 days…just to see what happened. They have opposite dating problems and know each other well, so they wondered what the results of this experiment would be. They actually did this back in the spring, but have been posting their daily summaries once a day this summer. Day 31 is up today. I am LOVING THIS. Check out their site, fortydaysofdating.com. I suggest you read the About page and the Rules, and then start at the beginning (bottom of the home page). I can’t wait to see how this one ends!
Did you discover anything fun, interesting, or useful this week?