- Posted by Alaia Williams
- On January 13, 2015
- goal setting, Master Planning, planning
I like to plan. I never thought I’d say that. I don’t always stick to a plan the way it was created, but when it comes to my business, I always have one. Setting goals and having a plan gives me a path to follow. There are many things I want to create and do. If you’re like me, you can relate to this entrepreneurial idea factory. So, here are my suggestions to find success with the plans you create:
Straight to the point (the too long; didn’t read version):
- Spend 5-15 minutes each morning planning for the day ahead and reviewing scheduled appointments. After this becomes a habit for you, I’m confident you can get this down to 5 minutes a day.
- Choose 1-3 priority tasks each day that you consider “must-do” activities. Schedule time on your calendar to get these done, or make sure to work on them first thing, before you get distracted with other matters.
- Keep a running list of “One day I’ll…” ideas. Continually add to the list. Move these things to your active planning/to-do list once they become more of a priority.
- Keep all of your notes in one notebook or system whenever possible – you’ll always know where to find what you wrote down
- My master to-do list is in Asana.
- My daily and emergent task list is in my planner – along with my daily plan.
- Evernote is my reference home and also where I keep drafts of content I’m working on.
- And then I have one notebook for notes.